On this episode:
- Rob and Mike interview a foreign dad!!! Our special guest is Ari Sharp. He's an Australian dad who is currently living in Japan. We get parenting pointers from BOTH countries! He's a journalist, an author, a public affairs specialist, aspiring stand-up comedian and all all around interesting guy!
- Rob realizes that he needs to step up his parenting game.
- This week's Bad Dad gets an apology from his son after he abandoned him on the side of the road for 6 days!
Have comments, suggestions or just want to say, "Hi!"? Have an embarrassing fact that you want to learn about Mike? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find us at https://standupdads.podbean.com/ or on facebook @standupdadspod
Find Mike's site at https://pencilforhire.myportfolio.com/
Find Big Nick's Gag on This Podcast at https://gagonthis.podbean.com/
Find Ari on Twitter at @arisharp
Links to the videos and articles mentioned in the show are below:
Post script (thank you, Ari, for following through!):
- The minimum wage in Australia is AUD 18.93 an hour, which is USD 12.96 an hour.
- For a simple explanation of paid parental leave in Australia, check this out: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/parental-leave-pay/how-much-you-can-get
- I've confirmed the explanation for the Adam Hills hair - https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a808275/adam-hills-brits-dyes-union-jack-hair/
- The issue about single fathers accessing their kids is a really sensitive issue in Australia. There's more information here: https://www.familyrelationships.gov.au/parenting/children-family-law
Thanks for listening!